Another Quilt in the making

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Birds of a Feather


I am finally making myself something for my sewing room. I don't know about you - but I have been quilting for over 20 years and have yet to make myself a quilt. I always make them for the kids. I love making baby quilts too with all the gorgeous baby fabrics that are available! All of my kids and their hubbies and wives have quilts too. But I saw this quilt (actually a wall hanging) and I just had to make it! Here is a picture of all of my birdies cut out - now to just applique them on the appropriate blocks and send it off to the long arm quilter. My friend, Jenni, of http://fairybreadquilts.blogspot.com/ was sweet enough to tell me which magazine the pattern was in. I first saw it here http://goneaussiequilting.blogspot.com/2009/11/birds-of-feather-quilt-finished.html and just had to make it? Don't you agree? The pattern is in the "American Patchwork & Quilting" magazine issue April 2009. My friend, Nanci, had a friend who had that magazine - so off to the copier it went and straight to my house. So Nanci, Robin and myself are all making this fabulous project! Once I get it finished - off to my favorite long arm quilter http://piecenquilt.blogspot.com/ it will go! Now, don't get me wrong, I have dozens of projects that I have bought to make myself, it is just they get pushed in the background while I whip up the other projects for everyone. But, I have decided I am going to try to make myself more quilts from now on! Maybe every 4th project will be for me? We will see how long that lasts! :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm a bit slow keeping up with your blog - I'm glad you have started the bird quilt. Looking forward to seeing it finished.

    ReplyDelete