Another Quilt in the making

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

I'll be happy to see 2014!

Boy, this past week has been a bummer!  First my new 710 Bernina will not turn on.  She is now at the sewing repair shop - hopefully it isn't anything serious!
Then yesterday - my freakin Reliable iron (that I purchased 7 months ago) will not warm up!
I don't know about you, but I cannot do without an iron or a coffee maker... so hubby and I went to Bed Bath and Beyond and bought a Rowenta.  Hubby knew I was close to my breaking point.


Here he is trying it out and is very pleased with it.  He wasn't that fond of my 'China' made iron.
Of course, hubby is German, and so is Rowenta :)
I sent Reliance an email hoping to hear from them soon - 7 months is pretty sad lifespan for an iron.

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear, hope all your bad luck was left behind in 2013! Happy New Year! How nice to see a man ironing ;-) Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lets hope that you hear good news about your Bernina soon, and that you have better luck with your Rowenta iron! I make sure when I buy one, that it is made in Germany - some of the lower models have been farmed out to China as well!
    I'm sure you'll be back to stitching merrily along very soon!

    ReplyDelete