Another Quilt in the making

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Sew Day #8

Don't know if anyone is going to join me today on Sewday since we got snow.  Bob took a pic of me cutting out my "Marmalade" quilt from Kaffe Fassett.  Such pretty colors he uses!
                             Yeah!  Someone did come :)

Caryn came!  Thru rain, or sleet, or snow - our Sew Day is gonna happen :)

  One of my fabrics - Kaffe Fassett's.  Such a pretty print!  I'm making his 'Marmalade' quilt for our bed.
http://www.gloriouscolor.com/weblog/?p=684

My pattern calls for making 61 of these blocks.  It is 25 two inch squares.  Of course, I could not sit still long enough to stitch each two inch square together  - so I am stripping 5 strips then cutting them into two inch widths and will be sewing them together to make 1 block.  I am enjoying sewing all these lovely Kaffe Fassett prints together - they are just gorgeous!  Did I say how beautiful they are?
I find myself petting them before cutting :)

 Caryn is fussy cutting a Heather Ross print for a quilt for Miss Melanie :)
We didn't have any material to make a template - so she improvised and marked up a ruler.  Worked Great!
                                                  Proof of a hard day's work!
Sara didn't make it today - they took the girls to go and see the new Lego movie!  I bet they had a fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment