Another Quilt in the making

Sunday, May 25, 2014

It's Seahawk's Time!

Now that my bed quilt is off to the machine quilter, and Baby Henry's quilt is finished, I can start making three Superbowl Seahawk quilts for my son, Mark and  my grandson, Cole,  and Baby Henry.
I found this football pattern by Allison Harris of Cluckclucksewpatterns.com called 'Touchdown'.
I have been stalking the stores and internet in search of Superbowl T-shirts and have finally gotten enough...
Of course - my grandson loves minky - so I had the fabulous idea to make the footballs out of minky!
While they look and feel gorgeous - they were a bitch to sew!  But anything for my grandson :)
 Stitching the football laces together was fun :(  Only 1" strips...
But, totally worth it!  Just have a vacuum handy to vacuum up all the fuzz - it is everywhere once you start cutting these small pieces!


The finished block!  Love, love, love it!
Now to start cutting up the t-shirts to make the quilts :)  This is the fun part!

No comments:

Post a Comment