Another Quilt in the making

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Easter is almost here!


I love making pillowcases - my grown up kids think I'm silly - I made them each a birthday
pillowcase and a set of Christmas pillowcases. Such fun! I am always making me and my hubby
a set of 'groovy' pillowcases. Valori Wells, Alexander Henry, and Joel Dewberry are some of my favorite designers for pillowcases. Also making them out of flannel is way cool!
So... I was down at Joann's Fabrics buying my quilt batting at 40% off and could not resist making my Granddaughter a little Easter pillowcase.... I think it turned out so cute. It only costs $4.35 to make! What a Deal! www.fabric.com has birthday material and number material - so for her birthday in August - she will get a matching pillowcase along with her birthday quilt I will be making for her. Aren't grandchildren the best? Thank goodness we have been blessed with a grandson who is 5 months old now, and a new little granddaughter due in May, cause I have been accused of spoiling our granddaughter! Can you believe it? I guess, as with everything, it is easy to go overboard with being a first time grandparent. I don't mean too, she just makes it so easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment